The point is not focus on the shape, ergonomics, which design is usually associated with, but about the « human relations, the interactions and the paths in given territories ». In brief, this is an approach where design goes beyond its role of natural conception between a product and a user.
The goal is to help define the new models or concepts linked to the social needs and economic changes on a short and medium term.
To explore new business territories (economic model) in order to help companies make decisions regarding the future services it intends to offer.
Service design is studied in all the different majors of the Design curriculum.
Job duties and the responsibilities
- To contextualise the demand and help define the need
- To personalize the design approach and elaborate tailor-made specifications
- To facilitate the internal communication in order to decompartmentalise the services or stakeholders involved in the realization of the project
- To alert on the different options and modalities of the project’s implementation
- To put the companies’ needs and strategy into perspective, in order to ensure the coherence of the project.
- Good design culture
- To know each trade’s expertise and its specific qualifications
- To have a good understanding of the economic stakes of the company, of its market, of its image and of its brand strategy
Find out about other designer job descriptions:
- 3d modeler
- Game designer
- Junior retail designer
- Virtual reality designer
- Packaging designer
- User experience(UX) designer
- Interior car designer
- Exterior car designer
- Color trim designer
- Interaction designer
- Model maker