Today’s companies do not only create objects and services. They also deal with the object’s interactions with its environment and the users, by demonstrating what this experience can bring to the user, by giving it some meaning ! The emergence of Virtual Reality brings a new field of exploration to this domain.
The new solutions under study in the fields of aeronautics, automotive, hi-tech, luxury, banking services, health, hospital systems… are very complex in terms of interaction, integration or conception and they need to be imagined, thought, created and virtually simulated before their implementation.
For example, the creation of an autonomous vehicle will require to implement its infrastructure, to create vehicle stations in the cities, to image the use of the vehicles but also how to use the city (passer-by detection, interaction with the other vehicles…). All this complexity will be part of the scenario to think, create, represent and simulate in virtual reality.
At Strate, we train Virtual Reality Designers in our virtual reality design program.
Job duties and responsabilities
The Virtual reality designer shapes up the user experiences in team, by using all the possibilities offered by the 3D tools. Augmented reality, immersion, oculus rift headset, holograms…
Some experiences will remain in the virtual world while others will integrate our reality. The 3D offers simulation possibilities with scales, costs and risky situations that are impossible to approach in the real world: simulation of a crowd flow, of nano-robots’surfacing behaviours, of a nuclear plant’s emergency system, of a flight simulator…
Thanks to his perfect knowledge of the 3D tools, the Virtual Reality designer will be able to apply design principles to create the 3D products and services of tomorrow and the experiences of their uses in recreated real conditions. But he will also how how to distort these tools to realize, prototype, model these 3D experiences before launching their development.
- Perfect knowledge of 3D: history, tools, methodology…
- Perfect knowledge of design methodology
- Ability to coordinate teams
- To do research on the context and the users’ needs (interviews, questionnaires, observation, etc.), to identify the behaviours and formalize the results of the analysis in the shape of personas.
- To definer the target experience and the interactions to highlight
- To formalize the experience(s) to implement
- To elaborate the specifications
- To define the stakeholders of the implementation
- To guide the conception with the tools and in team
from 35,000 to 45,000 euros/year
Find out about other designer job descriptions: